Sunday 4 March 2012

Agitate - Grind Enlightenment (2011)


Agitate is a two-piece mincecore band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. I'm not sure exactly when they formed but definitely quite recently, maybe even within the year 2011. Musically and probably lyrically, these guys are totally recognizable as being part of the recent pulverizing, crusty, even fastcore-leaning mincing wave of bands that's been coming out of the states; more 'known' bands like Misanthropic Noise, Lt. Dan, Pizza Hi-Five and the like may ring a bell. But I feel that this band is doing something a little different from that scene, I can't quite put my finger on it but it's fucking rad. A slab of excellent stupidly fast as shit fun right here and with lyrics revolving mainly around sci-fi, weed and American stereotypes, there's not much else to say other than you've reached the pinochle of grinding idiocy (I mean that in the best way possible). Here's - what I think is? - their first release, 'Grind Enlightenment' - a self-released demo CD.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment